On Monday I handed in the last piece of coursework for my honours degree and now I need to figure out what I’m going to do. I’m currently in the limbo stages all graduates must go through between finishing their coursework and graduation. It has only been a few days and I already feel different. This is the first time in my life where I haven’t been in or heading for education. It feels very weird!
Right now I am unemployed and looking for a job. I was lucky enough to not have to work during my education and I am very grateful for that but now I fear I am unemployable. During my education I have worked on building a portfolio for my career in TV production but I am worried thats not enough. However I have a plan…
- Get a summer job
- Continue writing this blog where I will chronicle both the good times and the bad
- Start to write film reviews
- Build on my portfolio
- Move to Manchester (technically near Manchester)
- Volunteer for work experience
- Get a job at a production company
Obviously the final goal is going to take some time but that is the dream.